Now let's answer the question: who can become an angler? According to the regulations in force (Inland Fisheries Act; Rules of amateur fishing) a person may fish, which has finished 16 years and has a fishing license. Youth up to years 16 is exempt from the obligation to have a fishing license, however, it can only fish under the supervision of a holder of the card. Fishing cards are issued (after passing the relevant exam) by the boards of PZW. They authorize you to engage in amateur fishing, but they are not enough, to fish freely. The angler must also have a fishing permit issued by the owner or lessee of the water concerned. The owner of flowing waters, i.e.. most rivers, dam reservoirs and parts of lakes is the PZW. If you intend to fish in the waters of the State Fish Farms - and these are mostly lakes - you must additionally purchase a permit. Anglers who fish in sea waters must purchase a special permit at the appropriate Maritime Office.
Basic document, the angler is obliged to comply with are the RULES OF AMATEUR FISHING.
I am quoting the regulations in force in Poland regarding the dimensions and protection periods as well as the daily catch limits for individual species of fish.
Regulations of Amateur Fish Catching
Regulations of Amateur Fish Catching, hereinafter referred to as the Regulations, is a set of regulations on the principles of fishing and the protection of ichthyofauna. The provisions of the Regulations apply to all anglers in the waters used by the Polish Angling Association (PZW), both associated in the Union, as well as non-associated Polish citizens and foreigners. In the waters of the PZW, amateur fishing is allowed with the consent of the fishing holder. Amateur spearfishing can be practiced by a person with a spearfishing card and an appropriate permit.
II. FISHING RIGHTS IN PZW WATERS
1. Members of the Polish Angling Association and persons not associated with the Polish Angling Association have the right to fish in the waters used by the Polish Angling Association, with a fishing license, adhering to the principles set out in these Regulations, after obtaining a fishing permit.
2. The rules for issuing fishing cards are regulated by the provisions of the Act of 18 April 1985 r. about inland fisheries, as amended.
3. Persons up to and including fishing are exempt from the obligation to have a fishing license 14 years and foreigners temporarily staying in Poland.
4. The angler has the right to fish independently, which he graduated from 14 lat, with this, that youth to 16 years old, is not allowed to fish at night without the supervision of a guardian.
5. PZW member for years 14 is allowed to fish with the following restrictions: within its own fishery, according to the quantity and weight limit, only under the care of an adult, with a fishing license.
6. Youth not associated in the PZW aged up to 14 years old has the right to fish:
a) only under the care and under authority, the position and the daily catch limit of an adult, with a fishing license – the ground-float method
two people are allowed to fish, each for one fishing rod. Providing the position and limit to two people excludes the handler from fishing with one fishing rod.
b) only under the care and within the entitlements and daily catch limit, an adult, with a fishing license, by spinning and fly fishing. The delegation of powers does not preclude the guardian from fishing for one fishing rod.
7. Fishing for groups of a few young people up to the age of years is allowed 14, under the supervision of a guardian with appropriate permissions and a permit issued by a fisherman. Each person from the group is allowed to fish with only one rod, with the rights to his own position and the daily catch limit of the PZW member.
III. DUTIES OF A FISHER IN PZW WATERS
1. During fishing, the angler is required to have: fishing license, permit issued by the fishing holder and other documents required by the issuer of the permit.
2. Before fishing, the angler is obliged to establish, to whom the fishery chosen by him belongs and whether there are any additional restrictions, apart from those contained in these Regulations.
3. This angler has priority when choosing and taking a place in the fishery, who came to them earlier. When taking up positions, anglers should keep appropriate distances between themselves, set out in Chapter V.. Of the Regulations. These intervals may only be reduced with the consent of the angler, who previously occupied the position.
4. During fishing, the rods must be under the constant supervision of their user.
5. The angler is obliged to have a device for removing hooks from fish mouths. Fish from the hook should be released with extreme caution.
6. The angler is obliged to keep the shore within the radius clean 5 m from your fishing position, regardless of the condition, which he found before the start of the fishing.
7. It is the angler's duty to leave the fishery, if sports competitions are to be held there, conducted control catches or restocking. The organizer of the competition must have a written fishing permit.
8. If water pollution or its effects are noticed, like for example. Fish dead, water color change, oil stains, unnatural smell, The angler should immediately notify the management of the nearest PZW circle or district, the police or the nearest public administration body.
9. If an angler catches a marked fish, is obliged to send to the PZW district board, in whose territory it was caught, a stamp and a few scales taken out
above the side of the fish, giving its genre at the same time, length and weight, and the place and date of catch.
IV. PRINCIPLES OF FISHING
1. Fishing rod
The angler is required to use a rod consisting of a rod of at least length 30 Cm, to which the terminated line is attached:
a / one hook with bait, or
b / in the fly method, no more than two hooks, each with an artificial bait, each hook may have no more than two blades so spaced apart, so that they do not extend beyond the circumference of a circle with a diameter 30 Mm, or
c / in the spinning and trolling methods, an artificial bait equipped with no more than two hooks; the hook may have no more than four blades, positioned like this, so that they do not extend beyond the circumference of a circle with a diameter 30 Mm.
d / when fishing from under the ice:
– one hook with bait, the hook may not have more than three points, positioned like this, so that they do not extend beyond the circumference of a circle with a diameter 20 Mm, or
– an artificial bait equipped with no more than two hooks, each hook may have no more than three blades, positioned like this, so that they do not extend beyond the circumference of a circle with a diameter 20 Mm.